Nothing Phone (2a): TÜV certificate
Carl Pei, founder and CEO of Nothing, has already indicated that a new Nothing smartphone is coming soon. According to speculation, this could be the Nothing Phone (2a), which is a step below the performance in terms of performance NothingPhone (2) is located and should primarily appeal to price-conscious consumers.
Interesting news comes from MySmartPrice. The colleagues tracked down the new smartphone with the model number A142 in the TÜV Süd certificate database. According to this entry, the device should support a fast charging function with up to 45 watts.
However, apart from the model number and this charging characteristic, the certificate does not reveal any further information. Our own research using the certificate number yielded no results. The entry may have been removed again, which is why we can only rely on the information from MySmartPrice at this point.
However, it seems likely that the release of the new Nothing Phone is imminent. Certificates are a clear indication of this. A conceivable setting for the presentation would be the Mobile World Congress 2024, which will be held in Barcelona from February 26th to 29th. Nothing is listed there as an exhibitor, which further supports the assumption that an event will be shown soon.
Nothing Phone (2a): Rumor mill
The rumor mill is already in full swing and bits and pieces of new information about the Nothing Phone (2a) continue to emerge. There are already concrete indications, especially when it comes to hardware, that we can expect a well-performing mid-range smartphone.
- Display: A 6,7-inch AMOLED display with a smooth refresh rate of 120Hz is expected.
- Processor: The MediaTek Dimensity 7200 is probably used, which suggests strong mid-range performance.
- Storage variants: The smartphone could appear in two configurations. One with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage and a more powerful version with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
- Camera setup: It is speculated that a 50MP main camera from Samsung ISOCELL S5KGN9 and a 50MP ISOCELL JN1 ultra-wide-angle camera could be integrated. A 16MP front camera for selfies and video calls is also suspected.
- Operating System: The Nothing Phone (2a) may ship with Android 14-based Nothing OS 2.5, which promises a modern and user-friendly interface.
- Battery: A battery with a capacity of 4.290 mAh is considered likely.
- Color options: The device is expected to come in black and white colors, similar to the Nothing Phone (2).