Update 09. November 2023
Nothing released Beta 2 of the Nothing OS 2.5 update today. The update includes the following changes:
- Glyph Progress integration for Google Calendar - stay on top of your upcoming events with a 5-minute countdown
- Glyph timer
- Now also allows time presets to select the desired duration more quickly.
- Can now be opened directly from the lock screen Ability to open the pop-up window by tapping instead of holding
- New glyph animation when using NFC
- Further improvements
- Predictive Back is now supported by all Nothing apps
- More options for double pressing the power button
- Improved reliability of three-finger swipe
Nothing continues to accelerate! We've barely warmed up to the update to Nothing OS 2.0, which has already significantly improved performance, when the tech company is now announcing Open Beta 1 for Nothing OS 2.5.
In addition to new features and improvements, the update brings Android 14 to the Nothing Phone (2) for the first time.
What's new in Nothing OS 2.5?
In a nutshell, here are a few of the key new features of Nothing OS 2.5:
- Fresh design for the widget library: Nothing widgets now stand out better.
- New Photo Widget: Shows selected images directly on the home screen and lock screen.
- Improved Screenshot Editor: Advanced editing features and quick delete options.
- Back gesture update: Now more consistent with Nothing style.
- Hide apps made easy: Ability to hide app icons on the home screen and app drawer.
- Faster screenshots: With a 3-finger swipe you have the screenshot in the box.
- Practical double-click function: The on/off switch can now be programmed for quick access.
- Clearer customization options: New home and lock screen settings provide a better overview.
- Cool glass filter: Make your background even more unique.
- New solid color backgrounds: For a more organized look of the home screen.
You can find out even more details and how it all feels in practice in our Testing the Nothing Phone (2).
And what's new with Android 14?
- Monochrome color scheme: Now also in the primary color range for a more minimalist design.
- Interactive Back Gesture: There is now a new way to go back while in apps.
- Fresh look for quick settings: With new icons specifically for Nothing headphones.
- Lock screen pimped out: More shortcuts available, including Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner and video camera.
- Volume fine-tuning: Ringtones and notification tones can now be set separately, and the volume control UI is also updated.
- Regional adjustments: Units and numbers can now be set individually.
Attention, it's a beta!
Important note on the side: Since this is a beta, there may be one or two bugs. If you are already part of the beta, you can simply obtain Open Beta 1 via the settings.
If you're not there yet, you can register on the Nothing community website register for the beta.
Source: Press Release