DJI Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom - Drone Info
DJI Mavic 2
* 1 inches Hasselblad
* 2 optical zoom
* 24 - 48 mm focal length
* Dolly effect
* 1080p to 8 km
Airspeed: max 20 m / s
Flight time: 31 minutes
* 360 degree anti-collision protection
* Active Track 2.0
DJI Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom
That DJI will present a new Mavic drone this year is now foreseeable. For several weeks kept doing new leaks the round that the DJI Mavic Pro Successors in full bloom showed. Now a new leak has surfaced, giving a detailed look at DJI's new drone. The leak has been published in the form of a print ad in the UK "Argos" catalog, But before we turn to the new leak, here is an overview of what the gossip factory hergibt:
- The drone is in production since February and was originally supposed to 18. July in New York to be introduced. Due to low production capacity, the release of the Mavic 2 Pro has been postponed.
- It will most likely be one again Fly More Combo give. The drone should be priced at about 1299 €.
- The Remote control has undergone some changes. OcuSync is on board!
- A 360 ° anti-collision system scans the environment and prevents unwanted crashes.
- It will be one DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise which can be extended with different modules (LED signal heads, loudspeakers).
- The camera of the drone is interchangeable.
But now to the latest leak ...
Who or what is "Argos"?
Argos is one of the most well-known British catalog shops, comparable to the local OTTO catalog. The catalog is released quarterly, which makes the first leak that the Mavic 2 Pro has been in production since February and is close to publication even more likely. Presumably, the catalog was already printed when DJI had to cancel the July event.
1 inch Hasselblad camera
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro should with a 1 inch Hasselblad camera be equipped. To what extent the Swedish manufacturer of medium format cameras is responsible for the entire camera or only individual components is not clear from the Argos Leak. Striking is that rectangular camera glass, Circular PL filters are guaranteed to no longer fit! A lossless, optical zoom is not expected because of the sensor size.
Instead, appears with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom another model. This becomes clear with a smaller sensor be equipped, among other things one 2-fold optical zoom allows. The focal length is 24 - 48 mm, A feature that is only entitled to the zoom is the Dolly zoom effect, also called Traveling Zoom or Vertigo effect. By opposing the focal length to the flight movement, the focused object remains in the same size in the image, whereas the background is increasingly removed or approaching.
Design and Others
design changes DJI has made only a few. The Mavic 2 Pro is to maintain the compact form factor of the Mavic series. Striking are the, at least after the recent leaks, appear larger engines. It is quite possible that the drone is equipped more powerfully. After all, that lies maximum airspeed at 20 m / s, whereby the drone would beat its predecessor by 2 m / s. The image transfer should with high resolution 1080p to 8 km be stable. The flight time will with 31 Minutes specified. In comparison, the flight time of the Mavic Pro is a maximum of 27 minutes.
The Anti-collision protection should be omnidirectional, ie spherical in all directions (360 degrees) to be guaranteed. The APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System) Detects obstacles and assists the pilot with automatic evasion. Active Track sends the drone to tracker mode. What innovations Active Track 2.0 deliver is not yet apparent.
Here again all the previously known specifications in fast-forward:
- DJI Mavic Pro 2 with 1 inch Hasselblad camera
- DJI Mavic 2 zoom with 2 optical zoom, 24 - 48 mm focal length and Dolly effect (Mavic 2 Zoom)
- High-resolution 1080p video stream to 8 km range (OcuSync)
- Flight time from 31 minutes
- Airspeed up to 20 m / s
- 360 degree anti-collision protection and APAS
- Active Track 2.0
Price and availability
Again, this leak does not tell you when the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom will be released. Nor is there any new information about the price. The catalog leak merely refers to the online product page, which of course Argos has not put online. As soon as we get new information about the drones, prices and availability, this post will be updated!