The CCbetter CS720 Action Cam in the test
The CCbetter CS720 is the middle-class model of the "CS" Action Cam series, which promises a similar hardware to the CS810W but does not offer Wi-Fi functionality. Especially if you do not need such a feature anyway, perhaps the smaller model is the better choice. Whether the camera can compete with comparable models, I have tested. If you want to know how the Action Cam beats, read on now.
CCbetter CS720 Action Cam
* Video resolution: 1080FHD (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720 60fps / 30fps), WVGA (848x480), VGA (640x480).
* Video Compression: H.264
* Image Resolution: 12 Megapixel / 10MP / 8MP / 5MP
* Battery: Rechargeable 900mAh battery
* Memory: Support micro SD card / TF card up to 32GB (not included)
* Capture mode: Self-timer (2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, 60's Continuous)
* Zoom: Digital Zoom x4
* Frequency: 50 / 60Hz
* Recording time: about 70 minutes
* Charging time: about 3 hours
* The CS720 with battery
* A waterproof case (up to 30m)
* Various brackets (belt, helmet, bike steering wheel, adhesive pads, ribbons)
* USB data or charging cable
* Operating instructions in several languages
The CS720 uses an 12 megapixel CMOS sensor and has a 170 ° wide-angle lens installed. The video resolution is a maximum of 1080p with 30 FPS (pictures-per-second), but can also be switched to 720p, the camera then delivers 60 FPS. You can also set lower resolutions like VGA and QVGA. The LCD display of the camera measures 1.5 ".
The CS720 has also installed a microphone, so that sound recordings are possible. On the housing are a micro USB port, a micro HDMI port and a micro SD card slot. The battery of the camera is removable and has a capacity of 900mAh.
For commissioning, an additional micro SD card is required. It is important to note that the camera only supports cards up to 32GB.
The camera is operated via several function keys. There is an ON and OFF button to change the modes at the same time, as well as a record or confirmation button. LEDs also indicate whether the camera is on or recording. You can also choose whether to shoot a video or take pictures using the mode button.
Within the user interface of the camera you have numerous settings.
Here is an overview:
Resolution | Cycle recording | HDR | Motion detection | Audio | Recording mode | Quality | Sharpness | White balance | Color | ISO | Exposure | Face recognition | Stabilization | Date display | Language | Date / Time | Auto Off | Acoustic signal | TV mode | Screensavers | Frequency | Turn 180 ° | Car Fashion | OSD Mode | License plate | Delete | Format | Default Settings | version
►Good video quality
►Good picture quality
►Large range of accessories
►Average sound recordings